US tech giant Apple has issued a guide to users who have trouble activating their iPhones, or who are alerted that the SIM card is not supported.
Some iPhone users receive error messages that their iPhones cannot be activated after updating or resetting their devices to a new version. This is often the case: ’Your iPhone could not be activated because the activation server was temporarily unavailable” or SIM The SIM card inserted in this iPhone appears to be unsupported ”.
Apple has released a step-by-step guide to what iPhone users should do when they encounter such warning messages. The guide, shared via the company's official website, is a compass for those who have trouble activating their iPhone.
The manual first directs users who receive a Yok No SIM ”or“ Invalid SIM ”error to another information page about what to do. You can also get information about the 'Activation Lock' if you are asked to log in with an Apple ID during activation.
Apple still wants users who are still unable to resolve the issue, even if the above two steps are followed:
- Check the list on the System Status page. If there is no green sign next to Activating iOS Device, try activating your iPhone later.
- If you are prompted for your password when activating your iPhone, enter the password. (If you are prompted for a password, the Activation Lock may have been enabled in Find My iPhone.)
- Restart your iPhone.
- If you are using a cellular data connection, connect to a trusted Wi-Fi network instead.
If you still can't activate it, follow the steps to activate your iPhone through iTunes:
- Make sure you're using the latest version of macOS or the latest version of iTunes.
- Make sure your computer is connected to the internet.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer using the cable that came with your iPhone. Locate your device on your computer.
- Wait while your computer detects and activates your iPhone:
- If you see a "Set as New" or "Restore from Backup" warning, your iPhone is activated.
- If you see an error message on your computer that the SIM card is not compatible, contact your operator.