Setting up VPNs on iOS devices isn't as difficult as it seems. We show you how to set up VPN on devices with iOS operating system in a few short steps.
We use our phones extensively to surf the internet, interact on social media and connect with friends. In doing so, our data and internet browsing habits; followed by an internet service provider, network provider, or perhaps government. If you are concerned about this, you can choose to use VPN.
In addition, one of the biggest reasons for using VPN is to use banned and blocked sites. Through VPN, we can do all this with virtual private networks where your browsing data is encrypted.
In this article, we explain how to set up and manage VPN on iPhone.
Method 1: Use the VPN provider's application
This method is the most easy and effortless. Nearly all major VPN providers have apps in the App Store. Connecting through apps can be quite easy. VPN prices may vary according to several factors.
The following providers have applications that make it easy to connect to a VPN:
- Tunnelbana is
- Private Internet Access
- HotSpot Shield
- Buffered VPN
Whichever you choose, the most important factor to consider when using VPN is that you should avoid using a free VPN. Free VPN is of course available, but you might have to face factors such as extra ads, reduced speeds or the possibility of selling your data when the provider has to make some money.
Connecting to a VPN through applications on iPhone
- Download your preferred app from the App Store. If you have not decided on the right application, you can switch to Method 2.
- Launch the app and log in.
- The application will guide you through the establishment process. During the setup phase, you are prompted to allow you to install a VPN configuration. Confirm the change with face scan, fingerprint or password.
- After the installation is complete, you can use the application to connect to the VPN.
Method 2: Manually connect to VPN
You can use this method if the provider does not have an application or if you want to connect manually for any other reason. To connect, you will need the following information:
- VPN type
- Server address
- Remote identity
- User name
In addition, you may need to provide a local identity and select either user name or certificate authentication preferences.
Manually connect to a VPN provider:
- Go to Settings, go to General> VPN and tap ’Add VPN Configuration’.
- Fill in all required information on the opened page. If you do not know this information, you can check your VPN provider's website.
- Tap 'Done' to add the VPN configuration.
Now you know how to add VPN for iPhone. Because it is easier and effortless, we recommend adding VPN through the application in the first step.