1. Use Siri on multiple devices
Many users not only use an Apple device, but also watch and HomePod in addition to an iPhone. If you activate Siri with the voice command “Hey Siri”, the device that understands the command best reacts automatically. If there’s a HomePod nearby, it has priority.
Often it is enough to actively use a device, i.e. with an iPhone, pick it up and say the phrase to wake Siri up. Conversely, just place an iPhone or iPad face down so it ignores “Hey Siri” calls. If that doesn’t work for you, you may have activated the option “Always watch out for Hey Siri” in the settings under Accessibility / Siri.
To address Siri specifically on a specific device, briefly press and hold the crown on an Apple Watch, the side button or the Home button on an iPhone or iPad, on a Mac select Siri in the menu bar on the right, and on a HomePod place it the finger on the touch-sensitive surface. This is also recommended when getting to know Siri, so that you don’t always have to shout “Hey Siri”. We have left out the activation phrase in the numerous examples that follow.
- Access to all heise + content
- exclusive tests, advice & background: independent, critically well-founded
- c’t, iX, Technology Review, Mac & i, Make, c’t Fotografie direkt im Browser lesen
- register once – read on all devices – can be canceled monthly
- first month free, thereafter € 9.95 per month
- Weekly newsletter with personal reading recommendations from the editor-in-chief
Start FREE month
Start your FREE month now
Already subscribed to heise +?
Sign up and read
Register now and read articles right away
More information about heise +